Smoking with wood chips is a great way to add tremendous flavor to your meat. I've used several different types of wood and found hickory to be one of my favorites. Preparation for meat smoking is relatively simply and fills the air with delightful aroma. Here are some few simple steps to follow:
1. Select the flavor of wood chips you wish to use, put in a bucket, add water and allow to soak for at least 2 hours.
2. Select the cut of meat you wish to smoke.
3. When the chips have soaked for at least two hours, start your charcoal.
4. Remove the wood chips from the water and add to the top of the prepared coals.
5. Place your meat in the smoker.
6. Close the lid. In a few hours you will have smoked meat.