Thirteen ideas to make a meal special from the wife of Phils Grill
1. Put fresh flowers on the table.
2. Use cloth napkins.
3. Purchase colorful paper napkins with matching paper cups & plates from the dollar store.
4. Use your holiday silverware for no reason, makes family members feel special.
5. Place some favorite music during dinner and turn off the TV.
6. Light candles.
7. Write each family member at the table a little note letting them know how special they are to you.
8. Put a special tablecloth on the table.
9. Begin the meal with a prayer and thank God for each person at the meal.
10. Make an event dessert like an erupting volcano cake.
11. Design a specific dinner topic to discuss such as what was the most unusual food you've ever tasted and what made it unusual? What places would you like to visit some day and why? What is your favorite movie and why?
12. Start your meal with appetizers.
13. Cook something you have never served before.